Monday 26 April 2010

Lenneke Wispelwey

A big fan of hobnail milk glass, I have been trolling high and low for a precious little glass to use on my bedside table.

I have been searching ebay and am partial to the aqua, as below, but would be quite happy with a white version!(the aqua is, naturally, more expensive...just my luck...)


Here is a lovely shot from a blog:

and another:

The green 'jadeite' is tempting, as well. There is something about the combination of texture, translucency and colours of milk glass that are just...well... YUMMY.

Unfortunately I am finding most of the items on ebay are in the US, and postage is ridiculous!

Saw these ceramics today by Lenneke Wispelwey in Arnhem which has a similar feel.




images via Red Glasses

Unfortunately they are still well out of my range - but aren't they pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment